Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Isle of Palms (Charleston, SC)

Finally made it here around 7.30 pm. Hotel has free wireless connection - nice. Overall it was a great trip, although we had a later than anticipated start. Stopped at The Beacon, where the menu offered only artery clogging fare so I opted to have sweet tea. I actually liked the sweet tea - this is rare as I do not drink sweet tea.

This morning I did indeed leave the house by 5.45 am! Made it to work around 6.20 am. Completed both of the reports that were due by 10.00 am. Fortunately I parked close so I did not have to walk forever to my car and left around 10.05 am. Finished packing stuff when I arrived and was ready to leave by 11.15 am BUT I had to wait on David - he had to turn in grades for his second session students, so he had to go to campus. Then he had to finish packing as well. We left the house around 12.50 pm. The weather was great and traffic was okay. I am totally surprised the Volvo C70 which passed me was not pulled over. I am sure it was going between 100-105 mph.

Looking forward to spending a day at the beach :)


No comments: