Thursday, October 04, 2007

UK vs. the other USC

This has been a fairly interesting SEC game to watch. Of course, I must disclose that I am a Spurrier fan. *GASP* How can a UT fan be a Spurrier fan? First of all, I think Spurrier is a pretty good guy and he does not take himself too seriously. Love that. Also, he has a lot of confidence -- gotta love that as well.

My picks for SEC games for this week:

Thursday:
SC 35 UK 34

Saturday:
UF 17 LSU 28
UT 27 UGA 24
AU 34 Vandy 17
Bama 42 Houston 21
Ole Miss 45 La Tech 14
MSU 37 UAB 21

6 comments:

DF said...

Oops, missed the UK/USC score. At least I picked the winner :)

Sean Meade said...

i like Spurrier, too. no nonsense. (besides, he's been humbled by his disastrous turn with the Redskins.)

your prediction would have been awfully close if you take away the two interception returns for TDs, right?

deichmans said...

LSU only scoring 28 against FL? My prediction is 42-28 (LSU over FL).

Cal has a bye week, so if FL pulls off a stunner we could see TWO PAC-10 teams at the top of the AP Poll! :-)

DF said...

Sean: Glad another Spurrier fan is out there :)

Shane: Your prediction is probably more realistic than mine. I bet LSU puts a whoopin' on FL. I think they are the real thing.

It seems as if the PAC-10 is strong this year.

deichmans said...

Hmmm... Since the SEC claims "strength in depth", with a gauntlet of a conference schedule, does leland stanfurd junior u.'s shocker over the "other" sc mean the same logic applies to the PAC-10? What a screwy season...

DF said...

It is indeed a screwy season. Do you think parity has reached the college game?

That is my "deep thought" of the day.....